PortAMod Ltd. is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of PortAMod Ltd. in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- PortAMod Ltd.
- Contact details of PortAMod Ltd.
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is PortAMod Ltd.
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
PortAMod Ltd. design, manufacture and deliver portable & modular buildings, we offer sales, hire, and hire purchase options. Our portable and modular buildings are designed, manufactured, and produced in our purpose-built manufacturing facility at Collon, Co. Louth.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Clíodhna Englishby
Purpose for processing your data
You have agreed or explicitly consented to the using of your data in a specific way (you may withdraw your consent at any time). Use is necessary in relation to a service or a contract that you have entered or because you have asked for something to be done so you can enter a contract with us. Legitimate reasons we may require to process your data is as follows: managing our business including credit risk management, providing service information, training and quality assurance, portfolio management and strategic planning and purchase or sale of assets.
Data which we will hold:
- Data to identify you, including your contact information
- Information about you provided by others
- Information which you have consented to us using
- Other personal information and information provided when exercising your rights under Section 6 below.
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
In order for us to provide you with the information you have requested, whether it be a price of a unit of sale and delivery PortAMod Ltd. need to collect personal data in order to deliver our end of the contract.
In any event, PortAMod Ltd. are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
If you do not provide information, we may not be able to provide requested goods and/or services to you or be able to continue to provide and/or renew existing goods and/or services.
How will PortAMod Ltd. use the personal data it collects about me?
PortAMod Ltd. will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted PortAMod Ltd. in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with PortAMod Ltd. procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
We have issued all our third-party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data subject rights:
PortAMod Ltd. facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that PortAMod Ltd. refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. PortAMod Ltd. will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by PortAMod Ltd. or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and PortAMod Ltd. data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
If we have received your personal data from another source:
We want to share any other information required to demonstrate that the processing is fair and transparent.
If we have received your personal data from another source, we will endeavour to share with you:
- one month of obtaining the personal data, in accordance with the specific circumstances of the processing.
- at the first instance of communicating in circumstances where the personal data is used to communicate with the data subject;
- when personal data is first disclosed in circumstances where the personal data is disclosed to another recipient.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.